A. With the exception of enrollment preferences required by law and outlined herein CCCS shall accept students on a first come first served basis. Expressed interest in enrollment will be accepted on an ongoing basis. As it is received, the registrar or designee will record all expressions of interest. In the event more expressions of interest are received than there are available openings in the School, admission shall be on the basis of lottery. Lotteries will be held for available spaces only.
B. Prior to each lottery the School will:
- Notify the public of the lottery date, place, and time, through a variety of media to include but not limited to print, web based, and text. The information will also include how to enter the lottery.
- Explain all procedures to members of the public attending the lottery.
C. Pursuant to the New Mexico Charter Schools Act enrollment preference shall be given to:
- Students who have been admitted to the charter school through an appropriate admission process and remain in attendance through subsequent grades;
- Siblings* of students already admitted to or attending the same charter school; and
- Children of employees employed by the charter school.
* “Siblings” means:
- students living in the same residence at least fifty percent of the time in a permanent or semi-permanent situation, such as long-term foster care placements;
- students related to each other by blood, marriage or cohabitation. §22-8B-2(N) NMSA 1978.
D. Opportunities to enroll or enter the lottery will be advertised on the School’s website and through venues such as elementary schools, youth development organizations, neighborhood organizations that provide services to youth, community centers, and student academic associations.
E. All students to be enrolled will be notified via a telephone. Families of students must return the call within one (1) business days of receiving notification to enroll in the School.